Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Any of a group of naturally occurring unsaturated steroid alcohols, typically waxy solids.
- ‘Classically, endocrine hormones are considered to be derived from amino acids, peptides, or sterols and to act at sites distant from their tissue of origin.’
- ‘Though these species are in the majority, in reality, biomembranes are quite complex mixtures of not only these simple lipids, but also of proteins and sterols.’
- ‘Milk is composed of more than 12 different types of fat, including sphingolipids, free sterols, cholesterol, and oleic acid.’
- ‘Cholesterol and closely related sterols play an important role in the function of plasma membranes in most eukaryotic cells.’
- ‘A biological membrane is an assembly of a diverse set of molecules such as lipids, sterols, and proteins.’
Early 20th century independent usage of the ending of words such as cholesterol.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips