Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A defensive back positioned opposite the offensive team's stronger side, who often covers the tight end.
- ‘The team set out to find a strong safety, a tight end and a backup defensive tackle with its three picks.’
- ‘He is listed as a strong safety but also lines up at linebacker, cornerback, free safety and at the line of scrimmage.’
- ‘Given the weak defensive line, strong safety is an important position.’
- ‘He could end up being the third safety if the Redskins select a strong safety in the draft.’
- ‘There was even some thought of turning him into a strong safety.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips