Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
An unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon obtained as a petroleum by-product. It is easily polymerized and is used to make plastics and resins.
Chemical formula: C₆H₅CHCH₂
- ‘Industrially, benzene is used in the manufacture of nylon, phenol, styrene (and by polymerization polystyrene), and cyclohexane.’
- ‘Some researchers believe that prepolymers - such as unsaturated polyester cross-linked with styrene or epoxies - achieve better results.’
- ‘Polyamide resin, thermoplastic polyurethane, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, nylon, and styrene acrylonitrile materials are also available.’
- ‘Volatiles such as glue, gasoline, formaldehyde, styrene and paint strippers can cause major damage to the brain, lungs, heart and liver.’
- ‘Omitting the DVB produces a rubbery brown polymer, and using both styrene and DVB comonomers with soy or corn oil produces a relatively flexible brown or black material.’