Relating to or denoting an artery or vein which serves the neck and arm on the left or right side of the body.
- ‘One patient with antiphospholipid antibodies developed a right subclavian and jugular vein thrombosis requiring removal of a Hickman catheter.’
- ‘The two possibilities are balloon flotation catheters inserted through the subclavian or jugular vein and semirigid pacing wires through the femoral vein.’
- ‘The aortic arch is anchored with the neck vessels including the left subclavian artery, and the descending thoracic aorta is fixed to the thorax by the ligamentum arteriosum and by the intercostal arteries.’
- ‘Opening of the thorax showed extensive compression of the regional vasculature, including the left innominate vein, left subclavian vein, and superior vena cava.’
- ‘It has been reported that a brachiocephalic artery gave rise to both common carotids and to both subclavian arteries.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips