Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Too small to be seen by an ordinary light microscope.
- ‘In many cases, however, this exchange is on the microscopic or submicroscopic level.’
- ‘The macroscopic table and the submicroscopic table are the same table; what differs is our viewpoint, our scale and level of reference when we consider the table.’
- ‘And it goes completely to pieces on the really submicroscopic scale, when the colors of quantum mechanics start to seep through into the picture, but that's another story.’
- ‘Genes are submicroscopic segments of DNA and cannot be detected by chromosome analysis.’
- ‘Needless to say, the printer's font would have to be submicroscopic, and the story would be illegible except under a scanning electron microscope.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips