Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The automatic connection of trunk calls by dialling without the assistance of an operator.
- ‘Each of our hotel rooms is provided with bath/shower, WC, cable-TV, radio, mini-bar and subscriber trunk dialling telephone.’
- ‘The Meter No. l9, when connected to a subscriber's line, will indicate to the subscriber the number of charge units which have been registered on his meter in the exchange when subscriber trunk dialling is in operation.’
- ‘The facility allows long distance calls within the State and Pondicherry to be made from phones not provided with the subscriber trunk dialling facility.’
- ‘From then on this sector sees rapid development moving from subscriber trunk dialling, international direct dialling, internet and e-mail using cable and satellite communications.’
- ‘The number of pay phones installed totalled 19,230, of which 7,555 were for STD (subscriber trunk dialling) and ISD (international subscriber dialling), while the remaining 11,675 were for local calls.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips