Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A synthetic compound used as a short-acting muscle relaxant and local anaesthetic. It is an ester of choline with succinic acid.
- ‘This ‘crash induction’ consists of preoxygenation and rapid administration of an IV induction agent, followed by administration of a full paralyzing dose of a rapid-acting muscle relaxant, most commonly succinylcholine.’
- ‘In the review by Trollor and Sachdev, a muscle relaxant was used in 50% of the cases with succinylcholine being the most common.’
- ‘Light anesthesia is induced using a short-acting barbiturate, usually methohexital IV followed by succinylcholine IV for muscle relaxation.’
- ‘Tracheal intubation was performed after the administration of succinylcholine intravenously.’
- ‘In 1940, curare was introduced to moderate the vertebrae-cracking force of the convulsions, and succinylcholine was introduced in 1952.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips