Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An alkaline preparation containing washing soda and soap, used for cleaning surfaces or removing paint.
- ‘If you are papering over paint, first clean the walls with sugar soap to make sure the paper sticks.’
- ‘With two helpers - one to guard the anchorage and ropes and another to man a boat in the river below - they began their first task, to take off all the old paint with sugar soap and a wire brush.’
- ‘Now I'm going to wash it down with sugar soap, allow it to dry over lunch and then paint the walls and ceiling this afternoon.’
- ‘This leaves the kitchen and bathroom paint to be applied in the kitchen and bathroom, which is to be preceded by a session with sugar soap.’
- ‘You can get rid of it fairly easily by washing down the affected parts of the walls with bleach and water or by using a sugar soap solution which can be bought in most hardware shops.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips