Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Any of a class of synthetic drugs, derived from sulfanilamide, which are able to prevent the multiplication of some pathogenic bacteria.
- ‘This has been shown to occur with penicillin, valproic acid, quinidine, sulfonamides, cimetidine and heparin.’
- ‘The authors did not mention whether additional therapy could be used or how acute relapse was managed, although they prohibited patients from using antibiotics, sulfonamides, or steroids at entry to the study.’
- ‘Drugs that have been implicated include penicillin, aminopenicillins, sulfonamides, allopurinol, thiazides, quinolones, hydantoins, and propylthiouracil.’
- ‘Patients who have aspirin-sensitive asthma, or allergic reactions to aspirin or other arthritis medicines or certain sulfa drugs called sulfonamides, or who are in their third trimester of pregnancy should not take Celebrex.’
- ‘Salicylates, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, barbiturates, tetracycline, and sulfonamides are among the drugs most commonly cited as causes of fixed drug reactions.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips