Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A sulphonamide antibiotic used to treat respiratory and urinary tract infections, and as a component of the preparation co-trimoxazole.
- ‘Their data demonstrated a significant benefit (resolution of symptoms at 21 days) in patients with moderate to severe symptoms who were treated with antibiotics (amoxicillin, trimethoprim / sulfamethoxazole, or doxycycline).’
- ‘The top 11 causative agents were vancomycin, amphotericin B, gentamicin, contrast dye, morphine, acyclovir, sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim, diltiazem, etoposide, and intravenous immune globulin.’
- ‘Alternative agents for recurring or chronic otitis media include the non-beta-lactam drugs trimethoprim / sulfamethoxazole, erythromycin/sulfisoxazole, and clarithromycin.’
- ‘Doctors use prophylactic (disease-preventing) antibiotics - most commonly trimethoprim, sulfamethoxazole, and others - to prevent Pneumocystis pneumonia in children with weakened immune systems.’
- ‘The most commonly applied antibiotics were doxycycline, erythromycin, and trimethoprim in combination with sulfamethoxazole, which are all considered broad-spectrum antibiotics.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips