Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A sulphonamide antibiotic used to treat ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
- ‘All of the women included in the case part of the study were taking at least one of the following folic acid antagonists: trimethoprim, triamterene, sulfasalazine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone and carbamazepine.’
- ‘At six and 12 months, there was no difference in ACR20 response rate between patients treated with leflunomide and patients treated with sulfasalazine or methotrexate.’
- ‘Almost all sulfonamides are anti-infectives: however, sulfasalazine which is used to treat ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, is also included.’
- ‘Supplementation with folic acid (15 mg/day for one month) prevents folate deficiency in patients with inflammatory bowel disease treated with sulfasalazine.’
- ‘This failed to respond to sulfasalazine or doxycycline, and was not controlled with nonsteroidal agents; eventually, a small dose of prednisone was required on a long-term basis.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips