Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The authority of a court to use summary proceedings and arrive at a judgement.
- ‘I would accordingly affirm the power of the magistrates, whether sitting as committing justices or exercising their summary jurisdiction to exercise control over their proceedings through an abuse of process jurisdiction.’
- ‘But the distinction which must always be observed between these different processes is fundamental to a proper understanding of the limits of the inherent summary jurisdiction of the court.’
- ‘In each case there is a procedure whereby the Magistrates' Court determines whether or not to accept summary jurisdiction.’
- ‘Most western armed forces have liberalized their systems of military justice in recent years by such measures as reducing the scope of summary jurisdiction and improving the quality of defendants' representation at courts martial.’
- ‘In the north, emergency courts, later known as ‘decisive justice courts,’ were established, with summary jurisdiction over criminal cases.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips