Extraordinarily good; wonderful.
very good, superb, outstanding, magnificent, of high quality, of the highest quality, of the highest standard, exceptional, marvellous, wonderful, sublime, perfect, eminent, pre-eminent, matchless, peerless, supreme, first-rate, first-class, superior, superlative, splendid, admirable, worthy, sterling, fine
- ‘the only word to characterize Kepler's discoveries was ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’’
- ‘a supercalifragilistic day of fun’
- ‘Isn't it absolutely supercalifragilisticexpialidocious that Alan Shearer got a step closer to a trophy with Newcastle this weekend?’
- ‘Case in point: The supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Planetree Alliance.’
- ‘Although it misses the mark on a couple of occasions, I'm sure the families who are sure to flock to it in their thousands will find it to be just supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.’
- ‘Here's New Yorker cartoonist Matthew Diffee with one of his inexplicably rejected cartoons, from last week's supercalifragilistic Rejection Show (which Diffee co-founded, along with cheerfully deadpan host Jon Friedman).’
- ‘It's been a supercalifragilistic autumn!’
- ‘It is hands down the most supercalifragilistic place in the world and the moment I arrived I was panic-stricken at the thought of leaving.’
1930s apparently a fanciful formation based on super, popularized by the 1964 film Mary Poppins.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips