Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A reef knot with one or more extra turns in the first half knot.
- ‘The triple surgeon's knot is basically an overhand knot but you pass the line through the knot 3 times.’
- ‘Use blood knots for the thickest sections of the leader and the surgeon's knot for the thinnest or last section.’
- ‘The surgeon's loop is tied like the surgeon's knot except only a single line is used.’
- ‘I have used both blood and surgeon's knots with equal success to attach leader to tippet.’
- ‘I also use the surgeon's knot to connect the leader point to a much heavier shock tippet.’
- ‘The simplest, most efficient knot to tie monofilament to monofilament is the double surgeon's knot.’
- ‘First, he had me put two surgeon's knots in my laces.’
- ‘The surgeon's knot is not a preferred line joining knot, although fly fisherman and some anglers use it from time to time.’
- ‘If you persist in attaching tippets with blood knots, surgeon's knots, or even the Orvis tippet knot, then attach your flies with clinch knots.’
- ‘The surgeon's knot is a square knot with an extra twist.’
- ‘What do you do to get your surgeon's knots to lie straight?’
- ‘Teresa, since my project is full of square knots, and I want to make sure they don't slip, can I go back and convert them to surgeon's knots?’
From the use of such a knot to tie a ligature in surgery.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips