Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An abnormally rapid heart rate.
- ‘Rapid heartbeat turns into tachycardia and a heart attack is a myocardial infarction.’
- ‘Caffeine may also have a direct effect on the cardiovascular system of the fetus leading to tachycardia and other arrhythmias.’
- ‘However, a patient activated electrocardiograph showed ventricular tachycardia during a symptomatic spell.’
- ‘Other adverse physical effects include dry mouth, blurred vision, palpitations, tachycardia, and postural hypotension.’
- ‘Early clinical signs include tachycardia and tachypnoea, mild pyrexia, basal crepitations, and dependent oedema.’
Late 19th century from tachy-‘swift’ + Greek kardia ‘heart’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips