Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A type of soft Italian cheese made from cow's milk.
- ‘The green-veined Gorgonzola is quite different from the mould-ripened taleggio.’
- ‘Calzagatti, a latkelike disk of crispy polenta, is stuffed with a soffritto of kidney beans, pancetta, tomatoes, and onion, and served beside a wedge of taleggio over a layer of thin-sliced coppa.’
- ‘The principle I did not like was the serving of a prawn with ripe, screaming taleggio and truffle oil.’
- ‘If you can impassively read about truffled taleggio on toast, tuna melt with paprika or a hot muffaletta while gazing at photographs of gooey cheese slathered over toasted bread, you are far stronger than me.’
- ‘Add the taleggio, stir until melted then remove from the heat.’
Named after the Taleggio valley in Lombardy.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips