Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
1Beat or flog someone.
- ‘Your cousin will tan my hide if I don't make certain that you're okay.’
- ‘You had better leave before she gets back or she'll tan your hide for certain sure.’
- ‘I remember when I was about 5 and I tried biting her because I couldn't have my own way over something - she was bruised for days, so was I. She bit me right back just as hard and then tanned my hide till I couldn't sit down.’
- ‘My father would have tanned my hide if I pulled a stunt like that.’
- ‘Jarrod found out he's been sneaking out at night and he tanned his hide.’
- ‘Gimme any more lip and I'll tan your hide for all to see.’
- ‘If your father hears you saying these things, he'll tan your hide.’
- ‘Now Mirnola, you are not skipping out of here without a decent meal and a bath, or I'll tan your hide,’
- 1.1Punish someone severely.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips