Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
A hybrid of the tangerine and grapefruit.
- ‘Plant breeders not ‘nature’ gave us seedless grapes and watermelons, the tangelo (a tangerine-grapefruit hybrid), the ‘canola’ variety of rapeseed, and fungus-resistant strawberries.’
- ‘This category included lemons, oranges, mandarins, tangelos, and grapefruits, with lemons being the most common type.’
- ‘Think about the crossbreeding and hybridization that farmers have been doing for hundreds of years, relying on instinct, trial and error, and luck to bring us things like tangelos, giant pumpkins, and burpless cucumbers.’
- ‘Some have wonderful names too: biodynamic rice and tuna salad and tangelo, jasmine tea, fruit and walnut bread.’
- ‘I remember eating my first tangelo 20+ years ago when I was just a kid, and it spoiled my taste for oranges - I used to pine for them when we moved back to Illinois.’