Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
A region of grey matter on either side of the cerebral aqueduct in the midbrain.
- ‘A thin, transversely oriented ribbon of fibers, the medial lemniscus, ascends from the lower brainstem into the midbrain tegmentum where it occupies a ventrolateral position.’
- ‘Ascending from the medulla and curving dorsolaterally into the tegmentum of the midbrain is the medial lemniscus, on its way to the thalamus.’
- ‘The lateral and medial lemnisci are gathered together in a large bundle that passes around the dorsolateral surface of the superior cerebellar peduncle to reach the midbrain tegmentum.’
- ‘The bulky superior cerebellar peduncles cross each other to form the decussation of the superior cerebellar peduncles, located within the midbrain tegmentum.’
- ‘In the brainstem, the medial longitudinal fasciculus is a well-defined white bundle, descending through the midbrain tegmentum, adjacent to the central gray matter.’
Mid 19th century from Latin, variant of tegumentum ‘tegument’.