Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
(in an insect) a sclerotized plate forming the tergum of a segment.
- ‘These muscles are arranged as a series of parallel muscle fibers from the lateral edge of the dorsal tergite to the ventral sternite.’
- ‘They are distinguished by prominent keeled tergites, and legs with eight segments and well sclerotised exoskeleton.’
- ‘Unlike centipedes, there are more tergites than segments.’
- ‘Along its axial region is developed a narrow ridge, joining and continuous with similar ridges in the seven thoracic tergites.’
- ‘The dorsal surface of each abdominal segment has a plate of hard cuticle called tergites.’