Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An English-based creole used as a commercial and administrative language in Papua New Guinea.
- ‘The ‘Jesus’ Film, based on the Gospel of Luke, has been translated into Tok Pisin.’
- ‘Grammatically, perhaps the most salient difference from the Tok Pisin spoken on ‘mainland’ New Guinea is the relatively sparse use of pinis as a grammatical marker.’
- ‘A general presentation of Tok Pisin is provided, as well as a description of some grammatical characteristics of Tok Pisin of potential interest for the testing of grammar machines.’
- ‘Portuguese and Dutch, both important colonial languages of the region, left no reflexes in Tok Pisin.’
- ‘This means that most words in Tok Pisin originate in English, the most widely spoken language on Earth.’
The name in Tok Pisin, literally ‘pidgin talk’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips