Basic Guidelines For Spanish PronunciationsREAD THIS ARTICLE
(in African folklore) a mischievous and lascivious hairy water sprite.
sprite, pixie, elf, imp, brownie, puck
- ‘The witch keeps the tokoloshe docile by cutting the fringe of hair that hangs over its eyes.’
- ‘Then, with a nasty cackling laugh, an ugly tokoloshe stuck his head out from behind a rock.’
- ‘I want to start a section on my site about African Folklore, tokoloshes and stuff like that.’
- ‘A common manifestation of witchcraft attacks are witch familiars such as ghosts, demons, evil spirits and tokoloshes disturbing a house or attacking individuals.’
- ‘Vendors of muti (traditional medicine) all over southern Africa sell and advertise products for protection against tokoloshes.’
Sesotho, Xhosa, and Zulu.