Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Ingrowth or introversion of the eyelashes.
- ‘About 7.6 million people have trachomatous trichiasis, the blinding stage of this infectious disease.’
- ‘Adverse outcomes of interventions were corneal exposure, ulceration, phthisis bulbi, and severe recurrent trichiasis.’
- ‘The surgery is a simple procedure for realigning the inturned eyelashes of trichiasis patients.’
- ‘The breed is subject to several eye problems, however: progressive retinal atrophy, cataracts and trichiasis.’
- ‘In most populations women are as much as three times more likely to develop trichiasis than men are.’
Mid 17th century via late Latin from Greek trikhiasis, from trikhian ‘be hairy’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips