Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a compound) having three rings of atoms in its molecule.
- ‘Quinacrine is a planar tricyclic compound with structural similarities to DMMB, yet it does not absorb red light.’
- ‘In addition, all methyl sulfone containing compounds in the tricyclic class are very poorly bioavailable.’
- ‘Clomipramine was equal to desipramine and both tricyclic agents were superior to placebo for amelioration of hyperactivity.’
- ‘In addition to monocyclic shoots, there are also bicyclic ones, and on the branches in the canopy top there are even tricyclic vegetative shoots.’
- ‘The danger of precipitating mania is reported to be greatest with tricyclic agents.’
Any of a class of antidepressant drugs having molecules with three fused rings.
- ‘However inspection of comparative studies in fall risk between SSRIs and tricyclics suggest these two antidepressant classes exhibit similar risks of fall.’
- ‘Over half of the prescriptions were for the class antidepressants known as tricyclics, while four out of 10 were for SSRIs.’
- ‘The most commonly prescribed antidepressant medications include the tricyclics and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.’
- ‘Their effect on blood pressure can be worsened by taking them along with certain antidepressants, such as tricyclics.’
- ‘There are several new antidepressants which work in a different way from SSRIs and tricyclics.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips