Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(especially in the Roman Catholic Church) a period of three days' observance, specifically Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday.
- ‘He added Lent was at one time in the Anglican body celebrated only on three days, called the triduum - Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday.’
- ‘The week works its way up to the Friday-Saturday-Sunday triduum.’
- ‘The triduum in honour of the Sacred Heart will begin next Wednesday, June 25 at 7.30 pm and will continue at the same hour on Thursday and Friday.’
- ‘That evening will be the conclusion of the triduum in preparation for the feast day, which takes place on Wednesday, June 25, Thursday, June 26 and Friday, June 27.’
- ‘A much more modern devotion, that to Blessed Martin the lay brother of Lima, first appeared at Sligo in 1955 when there was a November triduum in his honour.’
Latin, from tri- ‘three’ + dies ‘day’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips