Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of an alcohol) containing three hydroxyl groups.
- ‘Glycerol is a trihydric alcohol because it contains three hydroxyl or alcohol groups.’
- ‘Glycerol is a trihydric alcohol, which means each molecule has three hydroxyl groups.’
- ‘Alcohols have one, two, or three hydroxyl groups attached to their molecules and are thus classified as monohydric, dihydric, or trihydric, respectively.’
- ‘Fats are triesters that consist of the trihydric alcohol glycerol that is esterified with three fatty acids.’
- ‘The trihydric alcohol structure of glycerin makes it a useful chemical in the manufacture of various hard foams, like those that are placed under siding in buildings and around dishwashers and refrigerators for insulation and sound proofing.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips