Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A thyroid hormone similar to thyroxine but having greater potency.
- ‘Human beings require iodine for the production of the thyroid hormones, thyroxine and triiodothyronine.’
- ‘The vertebrate thyroid gland produces two iodinated amino acids, thyroxine and triiodothyronine, which regulate diverse aspects of development, metabolic stimulation and metamorphosis.’
- ‘Thyroid-function test findings might be consistent with the euthyroid sick syndrome, with low triiodothyronine and thyroxine levels and a normal thyroid-stimulating hormone level.’
- ‘Subclinical thyroid dysfunction, with abnormal thyroid-stimulating hormone and normal free thyroxine and triiodothyronine levels, also is associated with cardiac changes.’
- ‘The thyroid hormones thyroxine and triiodothyronine are iodinated amino acid derivatives formed by oxidative coupling of two iodinated tyrosine residues in the thyroid protein thyroglobulin.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips