Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A chemical bond in which three pairs of electrons are shared between two atoms.
- ‘To obtain filled valence shells on the atoms of nitrogen molecules, it is necessary to share three pairs of electrons, forming a triple bond.’
- ‘In common with other unsaturated hydrocarbons, the triple bond can be broken down with the addition of hydrogen, or a number of metals, to produce the appropriate metal salt.’
- ‘If three atomic orbitals on each of the two atoms overlap to form three molecular orbitals, a triple bond is formed.’
- ‘The triple bond between a nitrogen molecule's atoms is one of the strongest chemical attractions around.’
- ‘When unsaturated organic compounds are used as the starting point the alcohol is made by the addition of water to the double or triple bond.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips