Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The standard version of the genetic code, in which a sequence of three nucleotides on a DNA or RNA molecule codes for a specific amino acid in protein synthesis.
- ‘This suggested that the genetic code was a triplet code and therefore that a codon for phenylalanine is UUU.’
- ‘It was as a result of research which he carried out with Dr Francis Crick that the genetic code was shown to be the triplet code, or codon.’
- ‘Mutagens such as acridine orange work by deleting or inserting one or more bases into the DNA molecule, so shifting the frame of the triplet code for an amino acid.’
- ‘Since there are only 20 amino acids, most have more than one associated triplet code.’
- ‘When the triplet codes for amino acids were determined and DNA could be sequenced, the nature of the mutation itself was established.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips