Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in Ghana) a converted lorry or van used as a public conveyance.
- ‘The tro-tro station, called Abaobu station, is packed with tro-tros leaving for various destinations.’
- ‘In general, the tro-tros that I saw were in better shape than the ones I rode in 8 years ago.’
- ‘As I look through the cracked windshield at the road ahead, I'm confident the tro-tro is up for the journey.’
- ‘Cars, taxis, buses, and tro-tros fill the streets with exhaust and persistent honking.’
- ‘Please note that tro-tros do not always display their destinations on the vehicle.’
Probably from Akan tro ‘threepence’, with reference to the fare.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips