Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
A stand for holding closed upright umbrellas.
- ‘I remember the smell of leather from the leather upholstered seats in the alcoves, and the huge carved bear that served as an umbrella stand - important in a town which has quite a lot of wet weather.’
- ‘I started playing tennis in the early 1970s, when even top-of-the-range rackets looked as if they spent nine months of the year tightly clamped in an umbrella stand at the vicarage.’
- ‘The house had a huge padlock on the outside of the door (and inside, propped up against an old umbrella stand, were a couple of emergency baseball bats).’
- ‘Its like choosing between dropping a marble umbrella stand on your foot and walking head first into a lowered fire escape with pointy rivets.’
- ‘There was a search for an umbrella stand and also a scarf.’