Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An international encoding standard for use with different languages and scripts, by which each letter, digit, or symbol is assigned a unique numeric value that applies across different platforms and programs.
- ‘As there are two bytes for every letter, we assume we are dealing with a multibyte representation of text, most likely a Unicode encoding.’
- ‘Gentium is a Unicode typeface that contains Roman, Greek and Cyrillic characters, including many characters seldom seen in even the most ambitious typefaces.’
- ‘This is admirable, but it is nearly impossible to filter a Unicode character stream to decide what is ‘safe ‘in some application and what is not.’
- ‘This means that a Unicode document can contain any number of characters from any number of languages, without having to worry about clashes between them.’
- ‘What they did do was give an academic discussion about how to preserve shell code in a Unicode conversion environment, with no code samples.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips