Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
The theory that changes in the earth's crust during geological history have resulted from the action of continuous and uniform processes.
- ‘They teach that the rejection of God's Word did not begin with Darwin's theory of biological evolution or even with Hutton and Lyell's geological uniformitarianism.’
- ‘With this concept, he suggests, those great protagonists of uniformitarianism, Hutton and Lyell, would have agreed.’
- ‘However, in recent decades geologists have been saying that the gradualistic uniformitarianism of Charles Lyell does not match the evidence.’
- ‘In one of his books he reviewed the early nineteenth-century development of catastrophism and uniformitarianism and made this revealing comment.’
- ‘Lyell's uniformitarianism was the ruling dogma of geology for almost 150 years until the late 1970s, when ‘neocatastrophism’ began to emerge, and with it came reinterpretations of the geological record.’