Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A tranquillizing muscle-relaxant drug used chiefly to relieve anxiety.
- ‘A Yorkshire Labour MP will today spearhead a new alert over the dangers of Valium and other benzodiazepine tranquillisers.’
- ‘I knew that she kept her Valium in a bottle in the bag.’
- ‘Lavender has sedative effects comparable to drugs such as Valium.’
- ‘Drugs used to relieve anxiety, such as Valium, may lessen your interest in sex.’
- ‘His mother, Laura, had overdosed on Valium, the drug her doctors had prescribed for her bouts of depression.’
1960s of unknown origin.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips