Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The chemical element of atomic number 23, a hard grey metal of the transition series, used to make alloy steels.
- ‘For high strength grades, aluminum, vanadium, or columbium may be used for grain refinement.’
- ‘Nitrogen additions to high-strength steels containing vanadium have become commercially important because the additions enhance precipitation hardening.’
- ‘When waste oils are burned in incinerators, toxic metals such as nickel, vanadium and cadmium get ensnared in the particles given off into the atmosphere.’
- ‘Could you add carbon to titanium or vanadium to make them even harder and stronger?’
- ‘Among the most important minerals for supplementation are chromium, magnesium, and vanadium.’
Mid 19th century modern Latin, from Old Norse Vanadis (a name of the Scandinavian goddess Freya).
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips