Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A mass of varicose veins in the spermatic cord.
- ‘Scrotal ultrasonography is helpful in confirming a varicocele or testicular tumour.’
- ‘A varicocele causes swelling due to swollen veins within the scrotum.’
- ‘Other benign conditions resulting in a scrotal mass, such as testicular torsion, spermatocele, varicocele, or tuberculosis, must be ruled out.’
- ‘If treatment is needed to improve fertility, a varicocele can be treated with an operation, where the veins are tied off.’
- ‘Repairing varicoceles is often done to improve male infertility or unexplained infertility because the dilated veins are thought to result in poor sperm quality and quantity.’
Mid 18th century from Latin varix, varic- ‘dilated vein’ + -cele.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips