Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The arrangement of veins in a leaf or in an insect's wing.
- ‘Reticulate leaf venation may also provide physiological advantages in forest understories.’
- ‘They produced several types of foliage all characterized by pinnate leaves with open dichotomous venation.’
- ‘Leaves have parallel venation, with veins converging at the tip of the leaf.’
- ‘Most Paleozoic insects are known only by their wing venation since wings are the least degradable parts of insects.’
- ‘The medium green colored leaves are long and linear with parallel venation.’
- 1.1The system of venous blood vessels in an animal.
Mid 17th century from Latin vena ‘vein’ + -ation.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips