Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A waggling movement performed by a honeybee at the hive or nest, to indicate to other bees the direction and distance of a source of food.
- ‘Finally, at the furthest distances from the nest, a waggle dance is performed.’
- ‘We observe biological examples ranging from the foraging bee's waggle dance to the genetic code.’
- ‘The scientists watched the waggle dance occurring in a glass observation hive and identified recruits.’
- ‘Most biologists believe the famed waggle dance of the honeybee constitutes coded language that directs other bees to nectar and pollen.’
- ‘In honey bee colonies, scouts search for productive forage sites and then recruit other workers to those locations using a waggle dance.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips