Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
Used to refer to a thing whose name one cannot recall, does not know, or does not wish to specify.
- ‘I am up to my whatsis in snow and slush’
- ‘Because what our man here is really notorious for, of course, is that undersea cable thingy, global whatsis, crossing thingamajig.’
- ‘In our modern twenty-four hour news whatsis we are more informed an deluged with information than ever!’
- ‘A land of opportunity, manifest destiny and righteous moral whatsis.’
- ‘This is part of an ongoing series of whatsis through strange and foreign lands which you are reading, hooray!’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips