Discomfort and defensiveness on the part of a white person when confronted by information about racial inequality and injustice.‘her indignant reaction comes off as the quintessential combination of white fragility and white privilege’
- ‘This is textbook white fragility.’
- ‘We need to be aware of white fragility if we start feeling defensive during racially charged conversations.’
- ‘Never put white fragility ahead of justice.’
- ‘Here are two interesting reads about white fragility, white privilege and the need to eliminate them.’
- ‘White fragility works to punish the person giving feedback and essentially bully them back into silence.’
- ‘A city-run cultural program in Seattle is offering residents classes on white fragility.’
- ‘He's the poster boy for rich, white fragility.’
- ‘She has been met with accusations of white fragility.’
- ‘This is a groundbreaking and timely work that examines white fragility.’
- ‘The university is withdrawing a complaint against a student leader who criticized white fragility.’
Early 21st century coined in a 2011 journal article by the US academic and educator Robin DiAngelo.
Are You Learning Spanish? See Our Spanish Content Below!