Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A habitual drinker of alcohol.
- ‘In fact the imp has just made the excellent point that Jesus himself was very fond of a drink (his enemies called him a winebibber, remember).’
- ‘‘Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty’ (Proverbs 23: 20-21 KJV)’
- ‘If we remain faithful to the God of Thunder and Lightning, what can we fear from the God of winebibbers?’
- ‘They called Jesus a ‘winebibber,’ said he consorted with lowlifes, and accused him of bringing the name of the religious community into disrepute by violating the social laws of religious apartheid.’
- ‘I think he would have praised her labor of love and, like the ‘glutton and winebibber’ he was alleged to be, he would have dug right in.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips