Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A high-backed armchair with side pieces projecting from the back, originally in order to protect the sitter from drafts.
- ‘The formality can be seen in the coffee table, in the pink chair, in the settee by the window, and in the striped wing chair.’
- ‘I should have mentioned I am wearing a smoking jacket and sitting in a leather wing chair as I dictate this.’
- ‘The next week he was an old man, sitting in his blue wing chair in grandma's living room - frustrated, angry, and somehow… broken.’
- ‘A chintz wing chair with salmon in the pattern will play nicely off the wall color, and drapes in a slightly darker salmon will pull the look together.’
- ‘Just the name conjures up images of leather-bound books, mahogany desks and some old chap mulling over life in the comfort of his wing chair.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips