Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A variety of muskmelon with a sweet, edible flesh that requires a long growing season and ripens in late autumn, making it available in many supermarkets during the winter.
- ‘Make soup from cabbage, yam, winter melon and lentils.’
- ‘You might check local Asian markets for winter melon and other vegetable seed.’
- ‘It is often referred to in a Chinese context as a winter melon or, in a variety which has little hairs on the surface, fuzzy melon.’
- ‘You'll discover winter melons that keep until Christmas, melons that taste like pineapples and melons sweeter than any you've ever tasted.’
- ‘Seafood is used in such delicacies as oysters in black bean sauce, prawns wrapped in seaweed, cucumber crab rolls, and clam and winter melon soup.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips