An ornamental climbing shrub with fragrant yellow flowers, native to the southeastern US. Its rhizome yields the drug gelsemium.
Gelsemium sempervirens, family Loganiaceae‘She also wanted to keep the silver and gold euonymus and yellow jasmine that grow by the front door, and a vigorous Fuchsia ‘Riccartonii’.’
- ‘There, in Laguna Beach, I saw hibiscus hedges eight feet tall, with solid masses of large red and pink flowers, and sprawling banks of white and yellow jasmine.’
- ‘There were lots of white Madonna lilies, fields and fields of them, and frangipani, and frangrant yellow jasmines, and gardenias - all highly scented flowers.’
- ‘As far as what kind it is… I think the builder's landscaper said it was yellow jasmine, but I'd be lying if I told you that was the actual name of it.’
- ‘Right now it is a cascade of yellow, covered with our yellow jasmine in bloom.’
- ‘It was the time of wistarias and wild white lilies, of the last yellow jasmines and the first Cherokee roses.’