Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A membranous sac containing yolk attached to the embryos of reptiles and birds and the larvae of some fishes.
- ‘The eggs take about 20 weeks to hatch and the now free-swimming ray is still reliant upon its yolk sac for a few more weeks before it begins to feed upon shrimps.’
- ‘Likewise, the occasional yolk sac tumor arising in liver has been reported in childhood.’
- ‘The neoplasm metastasized as the yolk sac component.’
- ‘Unlike salmon, cod fry have no yolk sac on which to survive.’
- ‘As young, begin to feed on attached yolk sacs, then plankton.’
- 1.1A sac lacking yolk in the early embryo of a mammal.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips