Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
1informal Used to imply that what is being referred to is known to or understood by the listener.
- ‘when in Rome, you know’
- 1.1Used as a gap-filler in conversation.
- ‘well, you know, I was wondering if you had any jobs for me’
- ‘I fear it may take me some time to get back into, you know, writing, so bear with me.’
- ‘There has to be a lot of open floor, a lot of room for people to jump up and dance, you know?’
- ‘So it's been like a new music adventure for me now, you know, like starting all over again.’
- ‘Sometimes it's just really hard to tell people, you know, what you're feeling and stuff.’
- ‘Gosh, you know, that was one of the movies that I really, really wanted to do.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips