Looking for the meanings of English words, phrases, and expressions? We provide hundreds of thousands of definitions, synonyms, antonyms, pronunciations, and supplemental fun facts about the English language, derived from our language research and expert analysis. For instance ...
- Need some grammar help? This section of Lexico offers some straightforward advice on the trickier parts of English grammar.
- Having trouble with spelling? This section contains lots of quick-reference spelling tips and other useful guidelines.
- And then there's always those pesky punctuation questions ... which we help address in Lexico's punctuation section.
- Are you looking for some writing tips? This section gives guidelines on writing in everyday situations, from applying for a job to composing letters of complaint or writing an essay.
- Our usage section also gives lots of practical advice, helping readers avoid making some of the most common mistakes of English language usage.
- Want to have some fun? Try out our Explore section where we investigate the English languages through its fun twists and turns.
- While exploring, go even further by opening our word origins section where we highlight interesting histories of words you may not know.
- In this section, we also address our most common language questions. Don't worry you're not alone if you've ever sought the answer to one of these!
- And then there are our word lists where you can explore some of the most interesting word lists we could think of putting together.